John Wiegley writes: >>>>>> Christopher W Carpenter writes: > >> If you do any heavy buffer updating (like using emacs as a terminal >> emulator) you can actually slow down the process creating the output. > > And this is the default Cocoa build, right? Because I think this is one of the > very things that the Mac Port build variant from Yamamoto-san fixes. It has been many months since I did it and I didn't keep great notes so i'm not sure, but I believe I tried the binary from http://emacsformacosx.com/ as well as many different options using brew and got the same results. Not sure if I got Yamamoto-San's version while trying things or not.