Noam Postavsky writes: > On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 9:57 AM, Robert Pluim wrote: > >> [1] Info-goto-node only works if you're in an *info* file. Should it >> be taught to work from *Help* buffers as well? Or perhaps >> "(filename)Node name" strings should be clickable? > > It works if you say "Info node `(filename) Node name'" (not if you say > "Info nodeS `(filename) Node name' etc"), so completing-read docstring > could be changed to > > See also Info node `(elisp) Basic Completion' for the details > about completion, and Info node `(elisp) Programmed Completion' > for expectations from COLLECTION when it’s a function. Indeed, that works, as does Info node `(elisp)Basic Completion' (without the space after the right paren) Patch for this and one other instance of the same issue attached. I've also attached a proposed patch for hiding the 'Info node' and 'URL' prefixes in *Help* buffers, since I find they just get in the way. First one could go to either emacs-26 or master. Second one I think is master-only (does it require a NEWS entry?). Robert