Hello, On Sun 19 Dec 2021 at 02:52PM +02, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Yuri D'Elia >> Cc: Sean Whitton , emacs-devel@gnu.org >> Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 12:29:10 +0100 >> >> On Sun, Dec 19 2021, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> >> (set-frame-font (font-spec :name "Inconsolata-13" :weight 'medium)) >> >> >> >> then what I get is the regular weight, not the medium weight. It is as >> >> though the :weight parameter is being completely ignored. >> > >> > Does that font have the 'medium' weight? I think so, though see fc-list output below. I customized the 'default' face to medium Inconsolata, and commented out my code which directly calls set-frame-font, and then I get something which looks the same as it used to (I compared some screenshots). > Emacs 29 distinguishes between 'medium' and 'regular'/'normal' weight, > and I don't think I see 'medium' in the above output (or maybe I > misunderstand it). > > Can you show the numerical value of the weight for each one of the > above font varieties? (Sorry, I don't know how to ask fc to report > that.) Here is what I get: % fc-list Inconsolata family weight | grep -i medium Inconsolata,Inconsolata ExpandedMedium:weight=100 Inconsolata,Inconsolata UltraExpandedMedium:weight=100 Inconsolata,Inconsolata CondensedMedium:weight=100 Inconsolata,Inconsolata UltraCondensedMedium:weight=100 Inconsolata,Inconsolata SemiCondensedMedium:weight=100 Inconsolata,Inconsolata ExtraExpandedMedium:weight=100 Inconsolata,Inconsolata Medium:weight=100 Inconsolata,Inconsolata ExtraCondensedMedium:weight=100 Inconsolata,Inconsolata SemiExpandedMedium:weight=100 I'm attaching the un-grepped output so you can see the other numerical weights. -- Sean Whitton