Philip Kaludercic writes: > Akib Azmain Turja writes: > >> Philip Kaludercic writes: >> >>> Akib Azmain Turja writes: >>> >>>> I would like three new packages to NonGNU ELPA: popon, corfu-popup and >>>> flymake-popon. >>> >>> Would it be possible to add the packages to GNU ELPA? >> >> Yes and no. There isn't any legal issue (e.g. contributors) for >> submitting these to GNU ELPA. But I'm not ready to do copyright >> assignment right now. > > Ok, that is no problem. AFAIK the package could be transferred later > on, if you change your mind (it has been done in the opposite > direction). > >> I actually wanted to submit these directly to GNU ELPA, but someone is >> much interested in my corfu-popup package before I even released it to >> any archive. As I will do my paperwork later (maybe several monthes), >> in the meantime I would like to make these available on NonGNU ELPA. > > One more question on that point, why is it called corfu-popup, when all > the other packages use the word "popon"? It is named corfu-popup because it's older than Popon. Actually Popon was extracted from corfu-popup to allow other packages to use it, as different popup implementation don't work together (and trying do so will break both, and the buffer contents will probably be at risk too). There is already a package named popup.el, so I named my package Popon, but I didn't change the name of corfu-popup. I wrote flymake-popon later, so I included "popon" in the name. I think this shouldn't be a problem for submission, but if it is a problem, I have no problem changing the name. But, now it seems to me that name is misleading, because child frame and Popon both are some type of popup. So I have changed the name to corfu-terminal (which Corfu author suggested me) to make it's purpose clear. -- Akib Azmain Turja This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key. It's fingerprint is: 7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6 66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5