Stefan Monnier writes: >>> So your proposal would be to: >>> 1) Create a new git repository for detached.el >>> 2) Add this package to ELPA >>> 3) Release a new version detached.el >>> 4) Update the original dtache package to require detached >>> 5) Make a new release of dtache > > Yup. Great >> Ah ok you meant adding a line similar to this one in dtache.el? >> >> ;; Package-Requires: ((company "0.8.0") (math-symbol-lists "1.3")) > > Yes. > Roger that! >> Seems like a smart way to communicate to users that they need to install detached.el > > This way they'll "automatically" be moved to `detached.el`. Sounds great. > It's not quite right because `detached.el` will be considered as > "automatically added" so `package-autoremove` might do the wrong thing, > but I think it's currently as close as we can get to the ideal. Alright, let's hope for the best then :) Here is a patch adding detached.el to the list of packages.