Philip Kaludercic writes: > Adam Porter writes: > >> Hi Stefan, et al, >> >> I'd like to submit salv.el [0] to GNU ELPA. The readme describes it >> like so: >> >> Salve, v. t. & i. >> >> To save, as a ship or goods, from the perils of the sea. >> >> --Webster, 1913 >> >> Q: How does this package differ from other ones that automatically >> save buffers? >> >> A: Salve is a buffer-local minor mode, rather than being a global >> mode. It is activated in buffers the user wants to be saved, >> rather than in all buffers (requiring the user to exclude ones that >> aren't to be saved). It uses per-buffer idle timers, rather than a >> global timer. It only runs a timer when a buffer is modified after >> being saved, rather than constantly. Because of these >> characteristics, it's simple and lightweight. >> >> Please see the attached patch to elpa-packages. >> >> Thanks, >> Adam >> >> 0: https://github.com/alphapapa/salv.el > > Not to sound judgemental, but considering that the real functionality of > the package is about 30-40 lines of code, couldn't this be converted > into a patch to files.el? > That's a good idea IMHO. -- Akib Azmain Turja Find me on Mastodon at @akib@hostux.social. This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key. It's fingerprint is: 7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6 66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5