Philip Kaludercic writes: > Philip Kaludercic writes: > >>> Now your function is working fine and nearly finish, did you think how >>> you are going to distribute it? It seems you are going to merge it in >>> master, but what about providing it as well as a Elpa package so that >>> users of old emacs (at some point of course, say emacs-27) can use it to >>> report bugs? >> >> I am not a fan of small ELPA packages, but what I'd like to bring up >> again was the proposal to add package.el itself to ELPA. I wrote a >> patch in <873559q83j.fsf@posteo.net> that should arrange everything >> necessary for this move, there are still a few points that should be >> discussed in terms of stability and recovering from a possibly >> inconsistent state. I think I'll create a feature branch some day soon >> to make the proposal more concrete. > > I have pushed the patch from that thread, together with a patch for > package-vc and a custom command that would revert Emacs to use the > built-in version of package.el. The branch is called > "feature/elpa-package", and I have added to tarballs with packages built > by elpa-admin.el in case anyone wants to try out the packages. I'll be > testing these tarballs with older versions of Emacs, to see how that > works out. Thanks, looking forward for this to be available. -- Thierry