Before another year goes by... Since my last attempt at this, Stefan has made some additions to the ELPA version of peg.el (adding him to cc in case he wants to look at this), and I have realized that my last stab at the manual inadvertently documented some local changes I had made and then forgotten about. So here's a commit adding package, tests, and manual all at once. I've cc'd the people who indicated interest. The manual should be up to date with the code, I hope I've managed to follow all the pointers, and I believe I've done a better job of explaining how to use the various entry points of the library. I hope this looks okay! Thanks, Eric On 11/28/22 14:16 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Eric Abrahamsen >> Cc: yantar92@posteo.net, emacs-devel@gnu.org >> Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 17:09:38 -0800 >> >> >> Lastly, nobody with a maintainer's hat on has actually given the green >> >> light on this, and I assume we'll want to hold off until the next >> >> version of Emacs is released; anyway it would be good to know what >> >> Eli/Lars think. I haven't done any NEWS additions or anything, either. >> > >> > What exactly are you asking about here? >> >> Making peg.el a built-in. I looked back over this whole thread and it >> turns out you already gave the OK early on, but now I'm not sure if this >> would go in Emacs proper, or as a built-in package... > > The former, of course. I'd defer to Stefan if I thought it should go to > ELPA. > >> Where is the natural place to put it? > > Either in lisp/progmodes or in lisp/emacs-lisp. I prefer the former, FWIW.