From: Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net>
To: Sergey Kostyaev <sskostyaev@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Ellama comments
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 11:18:32 +0000	[thread overview]

The development mailing list got dropped, I've added it again.

Sergey Kostyaev <sskostyaev@gmail.com> writes:

> Today I finally got signed CA. What’s my next steps to move ellama to GNU Elpa?

The first thing that you'll need to do is to update the copyright
string, and replace it with

  ;; Copyright (C) 2023  Free Software Foundation, Inc.

and bump the version header.

Unless we find any further issues, I can just add the package to
elpa.git and that is that.

> I have fixed most of your comments and fix customization group
> soon. Spinner instead of progress-reporter because it was contribution
> from other person. And I like it - it has high level api. And it’s
> informative enough.

OK, if you say so, it just seems like an unnecessary dependency to me,
that might also be a soft dependency.