* ange-ftp on w32 - I can not get it to work
@ 2006-12-12  3:18 Lennart Borgman
From: Lennart Borgman @ 2006-12-12  3:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

We have discussed this before and I checked again if I could get
ange-ftp to work right out of the box on w32 with a pc running XP Pro. I
can't. I tried

    emacs -Q

and then

   C-x C-f   /ftp:user@ftp.thehost.com:/path/file.txt

I just got an empty buffer. Can someone else get this to work? (Yes, I
tried setting ange-ftp-ftp-program-name explicitly to the full path of
the ftp.exe that comes with w32.)