* transient mark mode discussion
@ 2008-02-22 17:47 Mike Mattie
From: Mike Mattie @ 2008-02-22 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs developers

Hello,

A recent post on the transient mark issue indicated that the new behavior proposed might not be possible to entirely
disable by disabling transient mark mode.

As long as the new behavior can be turned off I won't be bothered by it.
If for some reason this cannot be disabled by a variable it would be nice if
the commit number was supplied in NEWS so I can back the changes out.

Cheers,
Mike Mattie

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: transient mark mode discussion
@ 2008-02-22 22:12 ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2008-02-22 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Mattie; +Cc: emacs developers

Mike Mattie <codermattie@gmail.com> writes:
> A recent post on the transient mark issue indicated that the new
> behavior proposed might not be possible to entirely disable by
> disabling transient mark mode.

Which "new behavior" is that?

-Miles

--
Bacchus, n. A convenient deity invented by the ancients as an excuse for
getting drunk.

* Re: transient mark mode discussion
@ 2008-02-23  0:49   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2008-02-23  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miles Bader; +Cc: Mike Mattie, emacs developers

Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> writes:

> Mike Mattie <codermattie@gmail.com> writes:
>> A recent post on the transient mark issue indicated that the new
>> behavior proposed might not be possible to entirely disable by
>> disabling transient mark mode.
>
> Which "new behavior" is that?

I think Mike was referring to Sascha Wilde's comment[1] on the post[2]
where I distinguish two possible "solutions" (BTW, "options" describes
what I meant more accurately.)

[1]  <m2wsoxoulo.fsf@kenny.sha-bang.de>
[2]  <87fxvlcc0i.fsf@bzg.ath.cx>

--