Richard Stallman writes: > As long as access to MELPA requires running nonfree software, we must > not say anything good about it, or even talk about it much here. (putting the MELPA maintainer in the Cc) Richard, I do not follow you here. AFAICT MELPA is free software, licensed under GPL3, you can read the LICENSE file here: https://github.com/melpa/melpa/blob/master/LICENSE.md This includes the JavaScript code (https://github.com/melpa/melpa/blob/master/html/js/melpa.js). I think, but I might be wrong, that you are referring to compatibility with LibreJS. If LibreJS cannot determine that the JavaScript files are free, that is another issue, but it does not make it nonfree. Maybe I misunderstood you? Nico