Eli Zaretskii writes: >> > Thanks, this sounds like a good addition. Does it (or can it) work >> > with the built-in JSON support we have on the master branch? >> Not yet. I didn't know about that, but indeed it has to be on the >> roadmap, so I'll start looking into it. > Thanks, I think this is an important development direction. We added > JSON implementation in C for a good reason, so we'd like to have other > core package be able to use that. A few weeks ago, I posted my jsonrpc.el here and had good feedback: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2018-06/msg00288.html If noone objects, I'm going to push the attached patch to core. Then I'll work on a manual and NEWS entry. I'll also make a 1-file ELPA package out of the new lisp/jsonrpc.el file. This way eglot.el (already in ELPA) can specify that as a dependency when running on Emacs 26.1. >> So again, if LSP support is wanted, eglot.el fits that bill (and >> better than others IMNSHO :-) But I'd let it mature out of core for a >> little while more. > Fair enough, thanks. eglot.el is coming along nicely. If the core-and-ELPA strategy works out for jsonrpc.el, we can think about pushing that too. João