Rudi C writes: Hi all, > Okay, I have attached a new patch (no need for the previous patches). since it seems that no progress has been made on this issue and the only remaining stuff is just adapting the patch to our conventions, I reworked Rudi's last version of the patch (while keeping him as the author, of course). Would the following be acceptable for master? If so, I'd volunteer to extend the dired docs wrt. the new feature. (I have to confess I've made the new option's name longer again but IMHO a slightly longer but more descriptive name is no real burden. Especially since it pairs with dired-create-destination-dirs, it's good when it's named very similarly.) Thanks, Tassilo