Lynn Winebarger writes: > On Fri, Aug 12, 2022, 12:03 PM Akib Azmain Turja wrote: > >> >> >> (Triggering a heated discussion again...) Or maybe we can link Guile >> to Emacs so that people can extend Emacs with the "GNU’s Ubiquitous >> Intelligent Language for Extensions". >> > > If the maintainers of Guile actually dropped their opposition to enforcing > proper tail recursion at some point in the last 2 decades (when I last > looked at it), then that's an option. The doc for v3 says proper tail > recursion is supported, but then the section on history discusses the > "proposed" support for proper tail recursion, so I don't really know what > the status is. > > Lynn The manual says tail call optimization is supported because it is required by the Scheme specification. And IIUC proper tail recursion is a proposed feature of *WebAssembly*, not Guile. -- Akib Azmain Turja Find me on Mastodon at @akib@hostux.social. This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key. Its fingerprint is: 7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6 66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5