* Re: master 003eddc1dc3: ; Avoid byte-compiler warning in todo-mode.el
       [not found] ` <20240521111759.62ACEC1FB67@vcs2.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2024-05-21 13:05   ` Stephen Berman
From: Stephen Berman @ 2024-05-21 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Eli Zaretskii

On Tue, 21 May 2024 07:17:59 -0400 (EDT) Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> branch: master
> commit 003eddc1dc31a8b3c8ab2c0d7a8d05dcb83487b2
> Author: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Commit: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
>
>     ; Avoid byte-compiler warning in todo-mode.el
>
>     * lisp/calendar/todo-mode.el (todo-insert-item--next-param): Move
>     to after the definition of 'todo-mode-map', which this function
>     uses.  This avoids byte-compiler warning.

Oops, sorry about that.  However, because I try to keep the definitions
in todo-mode.el grouped into units of related code that is conveniently
displayed and navigated with outline-minor-mode, I prefer to pacify the
byte-compiler by defvar'ing todo-mode-map (without a value) before the
function instead of moving the latter, so I've done that in commit
c8b34046d93 (this time after testing not only that it works but also
satifies the byte compiler!).

Steve Berman

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-05-21 13:05 UTC | newest]