* hiding idle mouse cursor
@ 2007-06-14  6:14 Werner LEMBERG
From: Werner LEMBERG @ 2007-06-14  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

A longer time ago I've asked whether it would be possible to implement
automatic mouse cursor hiding in case the mouse hasn't been moved for
some time (similar to xterm).  Meanwhile I've found the small
`unclutter' program which does exactly this.

Just in case you are interested...

    Werner

* Re: hiding idle mouse cursor
@ 2007-06-15  6:00 ` William Xu
From: William Xu @ 2007-06-15  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> writes:

> A longer time ago I've asked whether it would be possible to implement
> automatic mouse cursor hiding in case the mouse hasn't been moved for
> some time (similar to xterm).  Meanwhile I've found the small
> `unclutter' program which does exactly this.

How about mouse-avoidance-mode?

--
William

* Re: hiding idle mouse cursor
@ 2007-06-15  7:06   ` Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2007-06-15  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Xu; +Cc: emacs-devel

William Xu skrev:
> Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> A longer time ago I've asked whether it would be possible to implement
>> automatic mouse cursor hiding in case the mouse hasn't been moved for
>> some time (similar to xterm).  Meanwhile I've found the small
>> `unclutter' program which does exactly this.

I have this implemented, but I'm are waiting for unicode2 merger before
putting it in.

	Jan D.

* Re: hiding idle mouse cursor
@ 2007-06-15  7:22     ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2007-06-15  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Djärv; +Cc: William Xu, emacs-devel

Jan Djärv <jan.h.d@swipnet.se> writes:

> William Xu skrev:
>> Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> writes:
>>
>>> A longer time ago I've asked whether it would be possible to implement
>>> automatic mouse cursor hiding in case the mouse hasn't been moved for
>>> some time (similar to xterm).  Meanwhile I've found the small
>>> `unclutter' program which does exactly this.
>>

> I have this implemented, but I'm are waiting for unicode2 merger
> before putting it in.

How about merging it by the end of the next week?  It appears that the
merge is holding up development.  No good.

--
David Kastrup