* Why is GNU AUCTeX 11.89.6 not available from ELPA yet?
@ 2016-10-16 17:17 Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2016-10-16 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi all,

last Friday evening I've released GNU AUCTeX 11.89.6 on ELPA.  Usually,
it only takes some hours until it becomes available in the package
manager but this time it's still not there.

Is there any problem I'm not aware of?

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: Why is GNU AUCTeX 11.89.6 not available from ELPA yet?
@ 2016-10-16 20:37 ` Clément Pit--Claudel
From: Clément Pit--Claudel @ 2016-10-16 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Could it be that ./auctex/style/bidi.el is missing a copyright header, which would have broken the ELPA build?

Cheers,
Clément.

@ 2016-10-17 10:19   ` Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2016-10-17 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Clément Pit--Claudel; +Cc: Tassilo Horn, emacs-devel

Clément Pit--Claudel <clement.pit@gmail.com> writes:

> Could it be that ./auctex/style/bidi.el is missing a copyright header,
> which would have broken the ELPA build?

Yes, it seems that elpa doesn't build because of that (I already
wondered why).  Can please somebody have a look and fix the problem?

TIA,

Michael.

* Re: Why is GNU AUCTeX 11.89.6 not available from ELPA yet?
@ 2016-10-17 11:43     ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2016-10-17 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Heerdegen; +Cc: Clément Pit--Claudel, emacs-devel

Hi!

>> Could it be that ./auctex/style/bidi.el is missing a copyright
>> header, which would have broken the ELPA build?
>
> Yes, it seems that elpa doesn't build because of that (I already
> wondered why).  Can please somebody have a look and fix the problem?

I'll try to do it this evening.  And now I also noticed the mail telling
us AUCTeX devs about the problem.

@ 2016-10-17 16:39       ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2016-10-17 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Heerdegen; +Cc: Clément Pit--Claudel, Stefan Monnier, emacs-devel

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

>>> Could it be that ./auctex/style/bidi.el is missing a copyright
>>> header, which would have broken the ELPA build?
>>
>> Yes, it seems that elpa doesn't build because of that (I already
>> wondered why).  Can please somebody have a look and fix the problem?
>
> I'll try to do it this evening.  And now I also noticed the mail
> telling us AUCTeX devs about the problem.

Ok, the problem was that the new bidi.el had a slightly wrong Copyright
header.  It was

  ;; Copyright (C) Free Software Foundation

but should have been

  ;; Copyright (C) 2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

I don't know if the missing year or "Inc." caused the problem.

Anyway, when fixing that I also added the missing "Inc." to
multi-prompt.el, and then

  $ make externals check_copyrights

failed because the original exception for multi-prompt.el hasn't been
used anymore.  So I removed the exception from elpa/copyright_exceptions
(Stefan, I hope that's been ok), and now I hope that I've been faster
than the ELPA release building task.

So I hope that GNU AUCTeX 11.89.6 will be available within a few hours.

@ 2016-10-17 16:53         ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2016-10-17 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tassilo Horn; +Cc: Michael Heerdegen, Clément Pit--Claudel, emacs-devel

> failed because the original exception for multi-prompt.el hasn't been
> used anymore.  So I removed the exception from elpa/copyright_exceptions
> (Stefan, I hope that's been ok),

Good, yes, thank you,