Drew Adams writes: >> > Do we have a non-destructive `map-put'? >> >> There's `map-insert'. > > My point was that there is no need for a function > name to signal that the function so named is > "destructive". The doc string should do that, > however. It can be very important to know that a function is destructive, I don't think it's a should be seen as an internal detail of the function. IOW, I think that whether a function is destructive or not is part of what the function does, not how it does it. Nico