* Re: master 7a13ddf: Update a few more IRC-related references to point to Libera.Chat
       [not found] ` <20210704051942.1E398211A3@vcs0.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2021-09-17 23:17   ` Stefan Kangas
From: Stefan Kangas @ 2021-09-17 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amin Bandali, emacs-devel

bandali@gnu.org (Amin Bandali) writes:

> branch: master
> commit 7a13ddfda0b52d17d845ad390faa3c16005ef453
> Author: Amin Bandali <bandali@gnu.org>
> Commit: Amin Bandali <bandali@gnu.org>
>
>     Update a few more IRC-related references to point to Libera.Chat

In NEWS, we have the following item,

    *** Prefer "chat.freenode.net" to "irc.freenode.net".

but we have nothing on Libera.

Is the above item even notable enough to reach NEWS?  It doesn't seem
likely to affect anyone, and its importance is smaller now that we have
abandoned Freenode.

Should we add something about moving to Libera to NEWS?

* Re: master 7a13ddf: Update a few more IRC-related references to point to Libera.Chat
@ 2021-09-18  1:35     ` Amin Bandali
From: Amin Bandali @ 2021-09-18  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Kangas; +Cc: emacs-devel

Stefan Kangas writes:

> bandali@gnu.org (Amin Bandali) writes:
>
>> branch: master
>> commit 7a13ddfda0b52d17d845ad390faa3c16005ef453
>> Author: Amin Bandali <bandali@gnu.org>
>> Commit: Amin Bandali <bandali@gnu.org>
>>
>>     Update a few more IRC-related references to point to Libera.Chat
>
> In NEWS, we have the following item,
>
>     *** Prefer "chat.freenode.net" to "irc.freenode.net".
>
> but we have nothing on Libera.
>
> Is the above item even notable enough to reach NEWS?  It doesn't seem
> likely to affect anyone, and its importance is smaller now that we have
> abandoned Freenode.
>
> Should we add something about moving to Libera to NEWS?

Indeed.  I had already written a NEWS entry for `emacs-27' but had
forgotten to do so for `master'.  I went ahead and copied that note
over to `master', and removed the freenode-related entry while at.

Thanks.