From: Akib Azmain Turja <akib@disroot.org>
To: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: "bengali-probhat" input method don't work as expected (by me)
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 20:44:07 +0600	[thread overview]

I use Dvorak keyboard layout (actually the OS is converting QWERTY keys
to Dvorak).  All input methods were broken for me.

So I've added the following to quail-keyboard-layout-alist:

("dvorak" . "                                1!2@3#4$5%6^7&8*9(0)[{]}`~\
'\",<.>pPyYfFgGcCrRlL/?=+      aAoOeEuUiIdDhHtTnNsS-_\\|      ;:qQjJkKx\
XbBmMwWvVzZ                                      ")

And set quail-keyboard-layout to Dvorak using quail-set-keyboard-layout.

After doing the above, "english-dvorak" works as expected (yeah, that's
not a great idea, but just to make sure it works), but still there is
no effect on "bengali-probhat" input method.  It looks like that it
assumes that I'm using QWERTY and converts the keys like that.

And by the way, why M-x describe-input-method RET english-dvorak shows
nice keyboard while M-x describe-input-method RET bengali-probhat shows
just a (translation?) table?

--
Akib Azmain Turja

Find me on Mastodon at @akib@hostux.social.

This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key.  Its fingerprint is:

    7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6  66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5