Richard Stallman writes: > [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]] > [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]] > [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]] > > People are talking about something called "prescient". What is it? > What jobs does it do? Is there a drawback in these jobs? If those > topics were discussed, I did not see it. But they are the most important > questions about that something, > > The discussion is focusing on practical issues of merging them, but we > should also think about whether the presence of this facility has any > drawbacks. > > Perhaps "prescient" is just "more of the same," convenient features > with no deep implications. Let's have a discussion of what it does, > so we can see whether that is true or not. Prescient is sorting and filter packages for completion UIs. It sorts candidates using frecency (frequency and recency). For example, if you select 'grep' in your M-x prompt using one of the supported UIs, 'grep' will be placed earlier among the candidates next time. If you use another supported auto-completion UI like Company or Corfu, Prescient will use the data it gathered from other UIs to sort the candidates. It does the sorting and filtering with some simple algorithms, so I don't think it has any implications. [ Disclaimer: I longer use Prescient, so this might be outdated. ] -- Akib Azmain Turja, GPG key: 70018CE5819F17A3BBA666AFE74F0EFA922AE7F5 Fediverse: akib@hostux.social Codeberg: akib emailselfdefense.fsf.org | "Nothing can be secure without encryption."