The 0.7% is to ensure safe 800kb lower bound on low-end computers. > Anyway, how about if you try running with the threshold you think we > should adopt, and report back after a month or so, say? I am using 250Mb threshold for the last 3 years or so. GCs are sometimes noticeable, but not annoying: - gc-elapsed 297 sec / gcs-done 290 -> ~1 sec per GC - Emacs uptime 2 days 5 hours 21 minutes -> 1 GC per 10 minutes - memory-limit 6,518,516, stable 37x from Emacs -Q memory-limit 10x from Emacs loading with my init.el -- Ihor Radchenko // yantar92, Org mode contributor, Learn more about Org mode at . Support Org development at , or support my work at