Uwe Brauer writes: > Ah, and another thing I just found out a few files don't even have a > license included, that is why I thought a LICENSE could come in handy. In case of doubt, a LICENSE file or a COPYING file is useful. A line in the readme has a similar effect: they make sure that contributions without a license in the file are understood to be under the license given. It is safer to have a license header in the files, but if it comes to it, a court would have to decide, and they can know common sense. But I am not a lawyer so I prefer to be on the safe side and just include a COPYING file, a line in the readme, and licensing headers. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein, ohne es zu merken. draketo.de