* Undocumented elisp_type_hierarchy.{jpg|txt} in info directory.
@ 2024-04-03  8:13 Zhu Zihao
From: Zhu Zihao @ 2024-04-03  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Recently I checked my Emacs installation, and find two file named
elisp_type_hierarchy.{jpg|txt} in share/info directory(these two files
are placed in doc/lispref in source tree).

According to usual packaging convention, the share/info directory should
only contains compiled texinfo file (use 'info' as extension). It should
not contains txt or jpg (And I believe GNU info or other info reader
will ignore them).

One of my friend points me to a commit https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=415604c7a77205d91254a271f0112f69729eb3a9
In this commit, I found that emacs will use these two files to produce
info file. But IIRC, these source file should not be copied into the
destination of info file, they'll be contained in the compiled info.

Can someone tell me that it's purposed to do so, or just unintentional?
thanks!
--
Retrieve my PGP public key:

  gpg --recv-keys B3EBC086AB0EBC0F45E0B4D433DB374BCEE4D9DC

Zihao