Eli Zaretskii writes: > The text said 1454 "cells", so I multiplied that by the number of > characters in each number (8). Apologies if I misunderstood, but the > demo didn't really supply enough info to be sure. I say, "...there are just over 1450 columns." >> Eli Zaretskii writes: >> > That's not what the text there says. It says that mg is simpler, but >> > faster, and gives this particular example of how it is faster. The >> > impression that a naïve observer will end up after that is that Emacs >> > is simply unworkable, since it cannot even scroll through a file in >> > some reasonably short time. >> I neither wrote nor said that mg was faster. > Really? The demo says it implements only part of the features of GNU > Emacs, but in return i is "more efficient and fast". If that doesn't > mean mg is faster, then what does it mean? I say, "It only implements a subset of the features of GNU Emacs, but in return it's quite efficient and fast." In retrospect I do wish I had been clearer and elaborated on the "contrived" part of the test. Again, the goal was to promote discussion, and in the end, hopefully improve Emacs. I will take the video down at some point. I also don't want to give new users the wrong impression.