* use-region-beginning
       [not found]       ` <865xrqphom.fsf@gnu.org>
@ 2024-08-27 13:06         ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2024-08-27 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

The doc string of `use-region-beginning' is very terse,
and doesn't give enough info to understand it.

It doesn't explain when it makes sense to use this function and what
it is good for.  What purpose is achieved by using it?

Could someone please add that?

* Re: use-region-beginning
@ 2024-08-29  9:34           ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2024-08-29  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rms; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2024 09:06:13 -0400

> The doc string of `use-region-beginning' is very terse,
> and doesn't give enough info to understand it.
>
> It doesn't explain when it makes sense to use this function and what
> it is good for.  What purpose is achieved by using it?
>
> Could someone please add that?

Done.

These are convenience functions for use in 'interactive' specs of
commands that need to act on region when it is active.