* [comp.emacs] emacs welcome screen
@ 2007-10-23  9:30 David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2007-10-23  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I guess we will be seeing messages like this more often in future.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 784 bytes --]

From: Alex <check.sig@for.email.invalid>
Subject: emacs welcome screen
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:18:19 +0300

Hi,

Having just upgraded to Kubuntu 7.10, my emacs has also been upgraded to
 22.1.1, which is nice. However, it has an irritating bug, which I can't
find a cure to. Every time at startup, it displays the welcome text. I
have no reason to see the welcome text, since I am familiar enough with
emacs. I have also tried compiling from the source (22.1.3) and it
behaves in exactly the same way.

1) This isn't a feature, is it?
2) How do I work around this bug / disable this feature?

Thanks.

Alex
--
localpart = alext
domain = iki dot fi

David Kastrup

* Re: [comp.emacs] emacs welcome screen
@ 2007-10-23 17:53 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-10-23 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Kastrup; +Cc: emacs-devel

    I guess we will be seeing messages like this more often in future.

Since we have already dealt with the issue, please ignore them
and don't tell us about them.