Hi, Po Lu writes: > I've added support for tree-sitter to the Android port, and ported that > library to our Android build system as well. Thanks, that should greatly improve the efficiency of fontification in due time. > However, there is one problem. Android does not let Emacs link with any > shared libraries or run any executables installed in non-system > directories, meaning that compiled grammars cannot be installed in a > useful fashion. This is done for security reasons, as apparently many > Android programs have been tricked into executing malicious downloaded > code in the past. Based on my prior experience with Termux, I suspect that the Emacs home directory should work. Termux is able to both build and launch programs in that directory, and I suspect also dlopen () libraries, though I have not tried that. > Would one of you two (Yuan Fu or Theodor) please ask the tree-sitter > developers if there is a way to solve this problem (i.e. by having > tree-sitter provide a way to ``interpret'' uncompiled grammar files.) > > Thanks in advance. P.S: I noticed that the Termux wiki lists some file managers that integrate with SAF, and hence, should be able to access the home directory on devices with poor built-in file managers: https://wiki.termux.com/wiki/Internal_and_external_storage While the manual should probably skirt from naming specific file managers, it could be good to name what a file manager needs to be able to access the Emacs home directory (namely, SAF support). Thanks in advance. -- Arsen Arsenović