* Slow CVS?
@ 2007-01-26 21:47 Randal L. Schwartz
From: Randal L. Schwartz @ 2007-01-26 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

When I sync up my CVS tree, I get all of the updated files in the normal
amount of time, but recently the cvs update has hung after that.
Removing -q to see the directories shows that I've already done the entire
list.

Is anyone else seeing this?

* Re: Slow CVS?
@ 2007-01-26 21:53 ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2007-01-26 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Randal L. Schwartz; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 1/26/07, Randal L. Schwartz <merlyn@stonehenge.com> wrote:

> Is anyone else seeing this?

I see that on Windows, using CVSNT, whenever lisp/ldefs-boot.el
changes: I get a message about having to "refetch" the file, and CVSNT
hangs after updating the whole tree. The only fix is "cvs update -C
-kb ldefs-boot.el".

But I don't think you're using Windows, are you? ;)

                    /L/e/k/t/u

* Re: Slow CVS?
@ 2007-01-26 21:56   ` Randal L. Schwartz
From: Randal L. Schwartz @ 2007-01-26 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juanma Barranquero; +Cc: emacs-devel

Juanma> I see that on Windows, using CVSNT, whenever lisp/ldefs-boot.el
Juanma> changes: I get a message about having to "refetch" the file, and CVSNT
Juanma> hangs after updating the whole tree. The only fix is "cvs update -C
Juanma> -kb ldefs-boot.el".

Juanma> But I don't think you're using Windows, are you? ;)

No.  OSX, but on a UFS filesystem, so it should be nicely "normal".

Hmm.  A fresh fetch *also* hangs just in the middle (after?) vms/*.

Something is perhaps broken with the CVS server?  Maybe a huge file there that
has to be loaded?

* Re: Slow CVS?
@ 2007-01-26 22:06     ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2007-01-26 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Randal L. Schwartz; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 1/26/07, Randal L. Schwartz <merlyn@stonehenge.com> wrote:

> Something is perhaps broken with the CVS server?  Maybe a huge file there that
> has to be loaded?

I've just done a big update (from before the 2007 copyright in every
file) and it has finished OK.

Perhaps you're suffering some kind of network glitch?

                    /L/e/k/t/u

* Re: Slow CVS?
@ 2007-01-27 13:27       ` Randal L. Schwartz
From: Randal L. Schwartz @ 2007-01-27 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Juanma> On 1/26/07, Randal L. Schwartz <merlyn@stonehenge.com> wrote:
>> Something is perhaps broken with the CVS server?  Maybe a huge file there that
>> has to be loaded?

Juanma> I've just done a big update (from before the 2007 copyright in every
Juanma> file) and it has finished OK.

Juanma> Perhaps you're suffering some kind of network glitch?

Well, I wouldn't call it a "network" glitch, since it was from a variety
of connections.

However, after having about 3 or 4 days of this slowdown at the end,
it's now working just fine again.  Ahh, computers.  Gotta love'em.