Dmitry Gutov writes: > On 10/03/2023 18:31, Sean Whitton wrote: >> Apropos the infamous Gtk bug, I saw this piece of news I thought I >> should share: >> . > > That might not give it an advantage over GTK still: over here, all applications > survive Alt+F2 r RET in GNOME, including Emacs. > > What's (allegedly) a problem for Emacs, is the crash when the X server goes > away. Not just the compositor. That's a different kind of compositor. Wayland compositors are also display servers. GTK can definitely not survive that; the only source of instability I see in Emacs is GTK calling _exit () because of a Wayland connection timeout while in some blocking code (such as in smtpmail). I was considering trying to do a separation of UI and Elisp threads as a solution, but, seeing this happen makes me think a Qt port is easier. I'd still like opinions on the former idea, though. It might be worthwhile, but I am operating with little knowledge of that part of the code-base, so I'm unsure if there's some deeper reason behind this not being the case today. Though, this still makes Emacs as a server not very resilient, sadly... Have a lovely night. -- Arsen Arsenović