* a few things to add to mac/.cvsignore
@ 2006-11-27 14:56 Randal L. Schwartz
From: Randal L. Schwartz @ 2006-11-27 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Could you please add to .cvsignore:

  mac/.DS_Store
  mac/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs
  mac/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/Emacs.rsrc

since when you build carbon emacs in the CVS tree, you end up
with those items.

Also, I get

? man/org

as well.  Not sure if that's something odd locally, or if it also
needs to be .cvsignore'd

* Re: a few things to add to mac/.cvsignore
@ 2006-11-28  4:29 ` YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu @ 2006-11-28  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> Could you please add to .cvsignore:

>   mac/.DS_Store
>   mac/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs
>   mac/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/Emacs.rsrc

> since when you build carbon emacs in the CVS tree, you end up
> with those items.

I'm not so familiar with CVS, so let me confirm.  Is the middle one
necessary?  The file mac/Emacs.app/Contents/.cvsignore contains the
line "MacOS".

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				mituharu@math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp

* Re: a few things to add to mac/.cvsignore
@ 2006-11-28 17:35   ` Randal L. Schwartz
From: Randal L. Schwartz @ 2006-11-28 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Could you please add to .cvsignore:

>> mac/.DS_Store
>> mac/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs
>> mac/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/Emacs.rsrc

>> since when you build carbon emacs in the CVS tree, you end up
>> with those items.

YAMAMOTO> I'm not so familiar with CVS, so let me confirm.  Is the middle one
YAMAMOTO> necessary?  The file mac/Emacs.app/Contents/.cvsignore contains the
YAMAMOTO> line "MacOS".

I'm not a CVS expert either... and trying to learn even less (heading for
"git" for all my new development).

All I know is that "cvs up" shows those three files consistently, and there's
something you can do to CVS to say no. :)