Po Lu writes: > Eli Zaretskii writes: > >>> From: Arsen Arsenović >>> Cc: Sean Whitton , emacs-devel@gnu.org >>> Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 23:17:17 +0100 >>> >>> I was considering trying to do a separation of UI and Elisp threads as a >>> solution, but, seeing this happen makes me think a Qt port is easier. >>> >>> I'd still like opinions on the former idea, though. It might be >>> worthwhile, but I am operating with little knowledge of that part of the >>> code-base, so I'm unsure if there's some deeper reason behind this not >>> being the case today. >> >> FYI: the MS-Windows build of Emacs uses a separate thread for input >> and UI. > > Likewise for the Haiku and Android ports, FWIW. Reassuring, thanks for the info. I'll try making some time to do the same for PGTK, though I can't promise anything. -- Arsen Arsenović