On 10.09.2017 04:44, Richard Stallman wrote: > [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]] > [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]] > [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]] > > > > That kind of hook is pandora's box. It is too powerful, and would > > > interact in complex ways. There will be many cases that are hard to > > > implement correctly, or cause trouble. To implement this probably > > > means future hassles for ourselves and for package developers. > > > I actually implemented it, and it worked as intended. > > I think you mean it works as intended in your use case. I am talking > about something else. > > My experience says that this kind of feature is likely to fail in > various peculiar cases, which would make it a maintenance burder. > Also, it is likely to show show strange confusing behavior which would > lead to trouble in debugging. We are better off without it. > > The other approach has the virtue of being entirely internal. It will > not require an announcement, or adding to the Lisp manual. > +1, likewise a related earlier message.