From: Thorsten <gruenderteam.berlin@googlemail.com>
To: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Emacs 2.4 Dropbox Edition
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 23:19:59 +0100	[thread overview]

Thanks, el-get is quite close to what I was looking for, and the
motivations behind the development of el-get reflect well my experiences
with configuring emacs for several machines.  I think I should not have
mentioned Dropbox.
My question really was, if there will be an emacs
release for all plattforms that is only the minimal core and makes it
possible to do all the library management and configuration only once
for all machines in some online repository, using tools like el-get.  It
would be very nice, if after purchasing a new computer (with a different
platform) the only thing to do would be the installation of the platform
dependent emacs core. All elisp libraries and the configuration files
would be accessed through the online repository. If the necesary
external software dependencies (e.g. w3m) would be downloaded
automagically too by a tool like maven, many emacs users would save a
lot of time and energy.
 Regards Thorsten