* Build failure from CVS on OS X
@ 2008-09-07  3:55 Willy Lee
From: Willy Lee @ 2008-09-07  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Havne't built from source in ages, decided to start again.  Updated
with 'cvs up -PAd', reran 'configure --with-ns', kick off build with
'make bootstrap' -- build fails on nsfont.m:

gcc -I/sw/include -L/sw/lib -c  -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-I. -I/Users/willy/install/emacs-anonpserver/emacs/src -Dtemacs    -g
-O2 -Wno-pointer-sign  nsfont.m
nsfont.m: In function 'nsfont_draw':
nsfont.m:907: error: 'struct glyph_string' has no member named 'gidx'
nsfont.m:908: error: 'struct glyph_string' has no member named 'gidx'
nsfont.m:914: error: 'struct glyph_string' has no member named 'gidx'
nsfont.m:1097: error: 'struct glyph_string' has no member named 'gidx'
nsfont.m:1103: error: 'struct glyph_string' has no member named 'gidx'
make[1]: *** [nsfont.o] Error 1
make: *** [src] Error 2

Poking around, gidx was removed from struct glyph_string on
29.AUG.2008 by Handa-san: 'cvs log src/dispextern.h' shows thhs:

revision 1.257
date: 2008-08-29 07:54:09 +0000;  author: handa;  state: Exp;  lines:
+48 -16;  commiti
d: OnFpfDRMcaKUKEgt;
* dispextern.h (struct glyph): New union u.cmp.  Delete the member
cmp_id.
(struct glyph_string): Delete the member gidx.  New members
cmp_id, cmp_from, and cmp_to.
(enum it_method): Delete GET_FROM_COMPOSITION.
(struct composition_it): New struct.
(struct it): New member cmp_it, and iterator_stack_entry.cmp_it.
Delete c, len, cmp_id, cmp_len in u.comp.

I'm surprised noone's mentioned this before now?  I thought several
people built regularly for OS X.

=wl

* re: Build failure from CVS on OS X
@ 2008-09-07 17:57 Clifford Wulfman
From: Clifford Wulfman @ 2008-09-07 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I've posted this bug several times to bug-gnu-emacs since August 29th;
I assumed everyone was taken up with the 22.3 release. (As I'm not a
developer, I hesitated to post directly to emacs-devel; I'll do so in
the future.)

--C

> Willy> I'm surprised noone's mentioned this before now?  I thought
> several
> Willy> people built regularly for OS X.
>
> I tried building on OSX for the first time in about three months,
> saw this two days ago, and reported it.  Waiting for someone to
> notice. :)

Clifford E. Wulfman
Coordinator of Library Digital Initiatives
Princeton University Library
cwulfman@Princeton.EDU