Dan Nicolaescu writes: > David Kastrup writes: > > > Glenn Morris writes: > > > > > Juri Linkov wrote: > > > > > >> Since it seems the discussion currently reached consensus that > > >> additional text is necessary only for visual indication, I have > > >> a question: isn't visual indication for the current status > > >> in the mode line is sufficient with the new face `mode-line-emphasis'? > > > > > > I (have always) agree(d) with this, but I'm not sure if rms does. > > > > For me, the bottom of the compilation output seems like a natural place > > to look for that kind of info. > > It has never been there, adding it (like adding anything else to emacs) > should require a very strong argument, given there are so many counter > arguments. Huh?