David Kastrup writes: > Hi, > > I am trying to fix mouse.el so that it can heed follow-link properties > in display strings. But it does not appear that the mouse click info > gives the requisite position information: there is posn-string, and > there is posn-point, but it does not look like there is > posn-string-pos or whatever else which would be able to pinpoint the > actual position within a string that is used as a display property or > before-string or after-string. > > Consequently, one can't fetch the text property at the position of the > click in such a string. > > Am I wrong here? On another tangent, is this change ok? For implementing follow-link, I need to take a look at the follow-link binding in the keymap of a click, not the binding of the click itself.