* Emacs' version in the Lisp Manual.
@ 2005-06-08 10:43 Lute Kamstra
From: Lute Kamstra @ 2005-06-08 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

man/emacs.texi defines "@set EMACSVER 22.0.50" and uses
"@value{EMACSVER}" to refer to Emacs' version.  I'd like to do the
same for lispref/elisp.texi.  Any objections?

Lute.

* Re: Emacs' version in the Lisp Manual.
@ 2005-06-08 11:52 ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2005-06-08 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Lute Kamstra <Lute.Kamstra.lists@xs4all.nl> writes:

> man/emacs.texi defines "@set EMACSVER 22.0.50" and uses
> "@value{EMACSVER}" to refer to Emacs' version.  I'd like to do the
> same for lispref/elisp.texi.  Any objections?

I'd consider this a good idea, but obviously this is something Richard
would decide.

* Re: Emacs' version in the Lisp Manual.
@ 2005-06-08 14:39 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2005-06-08 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Lute Kamstra <Lute.Kamstra.lists@xs4all.nl>
> Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 12:43:42 +0200
>
> man/emacs.texi defines "@set EMACSVER 22.0.50" and uses
> "@value{EMACSVER}" to refer to Emacs' version.

It also defines "@set EDITION   Fourteenth" and uses that for the
printed version.  To me, this sounds very similar to elisp.texi's
VERSION usage.

> I'd like to do the same for lispref/elisp.texi.  Any objections?

As David said, let's wait for Richard to give the definitive answer.

* Re: Emacs' version in the Lisp Manual.
@ 2005-06-09 14:40 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2005-06-09 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    man/emacs.texi defines "@set EMACSVER 22.0.50" and uses
    "@value{EMACSVER}" to refer to Emacs' version.  I'd like to do the
    same for lispref/elisp.texi.  Any objections?

Ok with me.

* Re: Emacs' version in the Lisp Manual.
@ 2005-06-10 10:30   ` Lute Kamstra
From: Lute Kamstra @ 2005-06-10 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>     man/emacs.texi defines "@set EMACSVER 22.0.50" and uses
>     "@value{EMACSVER}" to refer to Emacs' version.  I'd like to do the
>     same for lispref/elisp.texi.  Any objections?
>
> Ok with me.

Done.  I've also changed admin/admin.el so that EMACSVER is
automatically updated in lispref/elisp.texi.  I mentioned committing
lispref/elisp.texi in admin/make-tarball.txt.

Lute.