* Thank you! Gnus speed has improved a lot
@ 2013-06-29 18:29 Giorgos Keramidas
From: Giorgos Keramidas @ 2013-06-29 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi all,

This is a short "thank you" notice to all the people doing work in Emacs
in general.  I have been using Gnus for accessing IMAP servers over a
TLS-encrypted connection for several years now, and the speed, the
responsiveness and overall feeling of using Gnus to access remote email
has improved substantially over the past few months.

I haven't actually measured how much time it used to take to move
messages around between remote IMAP folders, but I can definitely see
that things have improved a *lot* since e.g. late 2010, when I tried
copying all my local email folders to an IMAP server.

Thanks you again,

Giorgos

* Re: Thank you! Gnus speed has improved a lot
@ 2013-06-30 15:41 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2013-06-30 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

keramida@ceid.upatras.gr (Giorgos Keramidas) writes:

> This is a short "thank you" notice to all the people doing work in Emacs
> in general.  I have been using Gnus for accessing IMAP servers over a
> TLS-encrypted connection for several years now, and the speed, the
> responsiveness and overall feeling of using Gnus to access remote email
> has improved substantially over the past few months.

+1

--
-- Stephe