* Doc bug for file handler writers?
@ 2003-06-12 10:37 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-06-12 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

When writing a file handler for copy-file, one has to make sure to
set the right modes on the target file.  This is not, AFAICS,
explained in the documentation.  I found it via bug reports and
reading the source for the non-handler operation.

WIBNI the requirement was documented, so that future file handler
implementors can see more easily what needs to be done?

(I suspect that there are other places where the file modes need to
be set; I'll try to find them later.  But if you like to give me a
hint, that's also appreciated :-)
--
This line is not blank.

* Re: Doc bug for file handler writers?
@ 2003-06-12 20:55 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2003-06-12 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

    WIBNI the requirement was documented, so that future file handler
    implementors can see more easily what needs to be done?

Would you like to write a patch to do this?  Then I will polish the
language.

* Re: Doc bug for file handler writers?
@ 2003-06-13  9:24   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-06-13  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>     WIBNI the requirement was documented, so that future file handler
>     implementors can see more easily what needs to be done?
>
> Would you like to write a patch to do this?  Then I will polish the
> language.

Committed.  It does not explicitly mention file handlers, though.  Hm.
--
This line is not blank.