* Carbon Emacsen and Emacs.app
@ 2006-03-17 14:58 Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2006-03-17 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

Invoking any of these with --help gives incorrect answers:

	--display, -d DISPLAY
	--no-window-system, -nw
	--terminal, -t DEVICE
	--border-width, -bw WIDTH
	--color, --color=MODE
	--mouse-color, -ms COLOR
	--xrm XRESOURCES

They either cannot work in Mac OS (X) or do not work. So they should
hide these options.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go
by" (Douglas Adams)

* Re: Carbon Emacsen and Emacs.app
@ 2006-03-20 18:14 ` David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2006-03-20 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17 Mar 2006, at 14:58, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Invoking any of these with --help gives incorrect answers:
>
> 	--display, -d DISPLAY
> 	--no-window-system, -nw

-nw works just fine on OS X (and on pure Darwin, too, I presume),
that is, with the Carbon port.

I agree about the other ones.

* Re: Carbon Emacsen and Emacs.app
@ 2006-03-21  2:30 ` YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu @ 2006-03-21  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> Invoking any of these with --help gives incorrect answers:

Currently the same help message is shown regardless the type of build.
For example, the terminal-only build also shows X11-specific options.

> 	--no-window-system, -nw
> 	--terminal, -t DEVICE
> 	--color, --color=MODE

The Carbon build also supports character terminals and thus these
options should work.

> 	--xrm XRESOURCES

This option is also supposed to work.

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu