* About frame title case [Windows]
@ 2017-05-07 14:51 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2017-05-07 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

In the Windows builds with MSYS2/MinGW64 I notice the following.

Suppose the PC name is 'FooBar', i.e. the MSYS2 shell prompt looks

user@FooBar MSYS ~
$

Now, in the Windows builds, Emacs shows the frame title as
'emacs@FOOBAR', i.e. do not respect the case 'FooBar'.

I understand this, internally DOS systems use all in uppercase, but I
wonder if we can have that respecting the case, 'emacs@FooBar', as on
other systems (GNU/Linux, macOS, and also in Cygwin native builds, if I
remember...).

I write about this because also the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in
Windows 10 Anniversary Update had this 'issue'... In its shell it had

user@FOOBAR ~
$

But now, with Creators Update, it seems the 'issue' has been fixed:

user@FooBar ~
$

So, why not to 'fix' it also for Emacs on Windows?

TIA,
  Angelo.