* Starting copyright assignment process
@ 2018-06-07 21:35 Lucas Werkmeister
From: Lucas Werkmeister @ 2018-06-07 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi all,

I recently submitted two patches against Emacs, and was asked about a
copyright assignment. I’d be happy to provide one, but the manual [1]
doesn’t seem to provide instructions beyond emailing this list, so I
guess the process has to start with a slightly awkward email like this
one? Help me out, please :)

My country of residency is Germany, though I’m also a Brazilian citizen,
in case that helps.

Cheers,
Lucas

[1]:
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Copyright-Assignment.html

* Re: Starting copyright assignment process
@ 2018-06-07 23:02 ` John Shahid
From: John Shahid @ 2018-06-07 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lucas Werkmeister; +Cc: emacs-devel

I used
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/tree/doc/Copyright/request-assign.future
to submit mine. hope that helps!

@ 2018-06-08  6:42 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2018-06-08  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lucas Werkmeister; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Lucas Werkmeister <mail@lucaswerkmeister.de>
> Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 23:35:30 +0200
>
> I recently submitted two patches against Emacs, and was asked about a
> copyright assignment. I’d be happy to provide one, but the manual [1]
> doesn’t seem to provide instructions beyond emailing this list, so I
> guess the process has to start with a slightly awkward email like this
> one? Help me out, please :)
>
> My country of residency is Germany, though I’m also a Brazilian citizen,
> in case that helps.

Thanks.  I replied off-list with the detailed instructions.