* Strange message during "make autoloads"
@ 2010-04-24  6:46 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2010-04-24  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

    Generating autoloads for htmlfontify.el...
    Generating autoloads for htmlfontify.el...done
    Making generated-autoload-file local to  *autoload-file* while let-bound!
    Generating autoloads for hfy-cmap.el...

What does it mean?

* Re: Strange message during "make autoloads"
@ 2010-04-25  2:01 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2010-04-25  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

>     Generating autoloads for htmlfontify.el...
>     Generating autoloads for htmlfontify.el...done
>     Making generated-autoload-file local to  *autoload-file* while let-bound!
>     Generating autoloads for hfy-cmap.el...

> What does it mean?

That the code does

   (let ((generated-autoload-file ..))
     (make-local-variable 'generated-autoload-file)
     ...)

tho most likely the two different parts aren't in the same function,
of course.  This is not clearly wrong, but the semantics are delicate
and I'm not sure they are always implemented correctly (and if they
are, that probably requires extra care and extra code, maybe even in
the 99.9% of the cases where this doesn't happen).