* git unreachable?
@ 2016-05-12 13:50 Manuel Uberti - Boccaperta
From: Manuel Uberti - Boccaperta @ 2016-05-12 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello emacs-devel,

there may be problems with Savannah. I cannot get Emacs sources from git since
this morning:

git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git
Cloning into 'emacs'...

and the repository exists.

Same happens with ELPA:

git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/elpa.git
Cloning into 'elpa'...

and the repository exists.

Am I missing something? I cloned the Emacs repository a couple of days ago with
the same line and no problems.

Is there a different repository I have to clone?

Thanks
Bests

--
Manuel Uberti
http://informatica.boccaperta.com

GPG fingerprint = 186F F867 975F B106 5EF3  1A58 D415 A33B 5D2D 5744

* Re: git unreachable?
@ 2016-05-12 14:07 ` jpff
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: jpff @ 2016-05-12 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuel Uberti - Boccaperta; +Cc: emacs-devel

I se the same

@ 2016-05-12 14:10 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2016-05-12 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuel Uberti - Boccaperta; +Cc: emacs-devel

Manuel Uberti - Boccaperta <manuel@boccaperta.com> writes:

> Am I missing something? I cloned the Emacs repository a couple of days ago with
> the same line and no problems.
>
> Is there a different repository I have to clone?

Since you already cloned it previously why do you need to do it again?

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, schwab@suse.de
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7

* Re: git unreachable?
@ 2016-05-12 14:15   ` Manuel Uberti - Boccaperta
From: Manuel Uberti - Boccaperta @ 2016-05-12 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Schwab; +Cc: emacs-devel

This is for a different machine. I know I could copy the sources from one
machine to another, I was asking just to check if there were problems. :)

On 12/05/16 16:10, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Manuel Uberti - Boccaperta <manuel@boccaperta.com> writes:
>
>> Am I missing something? I cloned the Emacs repository a couple of days ago with
>> the same line and no problems.
>>
>> Is there a different repository I have to clone?
>
> Since you already cloned it previously why do you need to do it again?
>
> Andreas.

* Re: git unreachable?
@ 2016-05-12 14:22     ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2016-05-12 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuel Uberti - Boccaperta; +Cc: emacs-devel

Manuel Uberti - Boccaperta <manuel@boccaperta.com> writes:

> This is for a different machine. I know I could copy the sources from one
> machine to another, I was asking just to check if there were problems. :)

Perhaps too many people are trying to clone the whole repo.

Andreas.

--

@ 2016-05-12 16:58 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-05-12 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuel Uberti - Boccaperta; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Manuel Uberti - Boccaperta <manuel@boccaperta.com>
> Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 15:50:45 +0200
>
> there may be problems with Savannah. I cannot get Emacs sources from git since
> this morning:
>
> git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git
> Cloning into 'emacs'...
>
> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> and the repository exists.
>

> Same happens with ELPA:
>
> git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/elpa.git
> Cloning into 'elpa'...
>
> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> and the repository exists.
>

> Am I missing something? I cloned the Emacs repository a couple of days ago with
> the same line and no problems.
>
> Is there a different repository I have to clone?

Savannah is overloaded for anonymous accesses.  Please wait for it to
calm down.

* Re: git unreachable?
@ 2016-05-14  9:51   ` Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2016-05-14  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 07:58:31PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Savannah is overloaded for anonymous accesses.  Please wait for it to
> calm down.

I've been unable to get through to git for two days, now.

The symptoms are, after entering "git pull<CR>", I get prompted for my
passphrase which I enter.  ~10 minutes later, the messages:

    packet_write_wait: Connection to 208.118.235.72 port 22: Broken pipe

appear on the terminal.

Looking at the savannah emacs web page, it appears that at least some
people are managing to commit to savannah.  Is it just me that can't get
through, or are others also having trouble?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

* Re: git unreachable?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-05-14 18:22 ` Perry E. Metzger
From: Perry E. Metzger @ 2016-05-14 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Thu, 12 May 2016 15:50:45 +0200 Manuel Uberti - Boccaperta
<manuel@boccaperta.com> wrote:
> Hello emacs-devel,
>
> there may be problems with Savannah. I cannot get Emacs sources
> from git since this morning:
>
> git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git
> Cloning into 'emacs'...
>
> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> and the repository exists.

I've been having this trouble all of today.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@piermont.com

* Re: git unreachable?
@ 2016-05-15  7:15   ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2016-05-15  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Perry E. Metzger; +Cc: emacs-devel

"Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> writes:

>> there may be problems with Savannah. I cannot get Emacs sources
>> from git since this morning:
>>
>> git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git
>> Cloning into 'emacs'...
>> fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
>>
>> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
>> and the repository exists.
>
> I've been having this trouble all of today.

Me, too, although I could push to the auctex repository just a minute
ago.  But now I can't reach it (or the emacs repo) anymore.  But it's a
known issue and the admins are working on it.  See

  https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=8542

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: git unreachable?
@ 2016-05-17  3:25     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-05-17  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Mackenzie; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 09:51:14 +0000
> From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de>
>
> I've been unable to get through to git for two days, now.
>
> The symptoms are, after entering "git pull<CR>", I get prompted for my
> passphrase which I enter.  ~10 minutes later, the messages:
>
>     packet_write_wait: Connection to 208.118.235.72 port 22: Broken pipe
>     fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
>
> appear on the terminal.
>
> Looking at the savannah emacs web page, it appears that at least some
> people are managing to commit to savannah.  Is it just me that can't get
> through, or are others also having trouble?

It's not just you.  The problems are real, but intermittent.

They should be all but gone by now.