* TIOCGLTC and TIOCGETC on MSDOS and w32
@ 2010-08-09 19:57 Dan Nicolaescu
From: Dan Nicolaescu @ 2010-08-09 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Are TIOCGLTC and TIOCGETC defined on MSDOS and w32?
[very likely, but it would be nice if someone with access to these platforms could check]

If they are not, we can completely remove the following code in systty.h:

#if defined (TIOCGLTC) && !defined (HAVE_TERMIOS)
#define HAVE_LTCHARS
#endif

#if defined (TIOCGETC) && !defined (HAVE_TERMIOS)
#define HAVE_TCHARS
#endif

which would enable remove of more code in other places...

* Re: TIOCGLTC and TIOCGETC on MSDOS and w32
@ 2010-08-10 16:14 ` Óscar Fuentes
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2010-08-10 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Dan Nicolaescu

Dan Nicolaescu <dann@gnu.org> writes:

> Are TIOCGLTC and TIOCGETC defined on MSDOS and w32?

Those are NOT defined on w32.

[snip]

* Re: TIOCGLTC and TIOCGETC on MSDOS and w32
@ 2010-08-10 17:21 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2010-08-10 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Nicolaescu; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Dan Nicolaescu <dann@gnu.org>
> Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 15:57:25 -0400
>
> Are TIOCGLTC and TIOCGETC defined on MSDOS and w32?
> [very likely, but it would be nice if someone with access to these platforms could check]

TIOCGETC and TIOCGLTC are used in a call to ioctl, so any non-Posix
system is highly unlikely to have them, because Posix-style ioctl is
normally absent there.

I ran the preprocessor of sysdep.c and made sure that the resulting
file does not use any of these 2 on both w32 and MS-DOS.

> If they are not, we can completely remove the following code in systty.h:
>
> #if defined (TIOCGLTC) && !defined (HAVE_TERMIOS)
> #define HAVE_LTCHARS
> #endif
>
> #if defined (TIOCGETC) && !defined (HAVE_TERMIOS)
> #define HAVE_TCHARS
> #endif
>
> which would enable remove of more code in other places...

Yes, you can do that.