* Spell checker under Windows
@ 2019-02-02 13:35 Thomas Meyer
From: Thomas Meyer @ 2019-02-02 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

* Re: Spell checker under Windows
@ 2019-02-02 14:50 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2019-02-02 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Meyer; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2019 14:35:15 +0100
> From: Thomas Meyer <thomas@m3y3r.de>
>
> 1.) Any hints where to find up to date binaries for a aspell, or hunspell e.g. any of the supported spell
> checkers?
>
> I did only find very old precompiled binaries and nothing "official".

Did you try the precompiled binary from here:

  https://sourceforge.net/projects/ezwinports/files/

> 2.) Windows spell check API
> Windows 8 onwards has an integrated spell checker API.

That's the API, but are there any providers bundled with Windows?

> What would be the best solution to integrate this into flyspell?
>
> Is it possible to call COM from lisp code?

Not that I know of, but maybe someone will find a way.

* Re: Spell checker under Windows
@ 2019-02-03 22:12   ` Phillip Lord
From: Phillip Lord @ 2019-02-03 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: Thomas Meyer, emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2019 14:35:15 +0100
>> From: Thomas Meyer <thomas@m3y3r.de>
>>
>> 1.) Any hints where to find up to date binaries for a aspell, or
>> hunspell e.g. any of the supported spell
>> checkers?
>>
>> I did only find very old precompiled binaries and nothing "official".
>
> Did you try the precompiled binary from here:
>
>   https://sourceforge.net/projects/ezwinports/files/

They are available as part of msys.

I could add aspell to the windows packages, since they have other
dependencies now. Although if I am going to do this route, I'd rather
have a complete list of all the utilities to add and do them in one go.

Phil