* Copyright assignment needed for small patch?
@ 2019-01-04  9:15 Joel Rosdahl
From: Joel Rosdahl @ 2019-01-04  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I made a proposed bug fix for python.el, see
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22663.

Do I need to sign copyright assignment papers for this? If so, please
let me know.

-- Joel

* Re: Copyright assignment needed for small patch?
@ 2019-01-04  9:21 ` Spenser Truex
From: Spenser Truex @ 2019-01-04  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Rosdahl; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019, 1:17 AM Joel Rosdahl <joel@rosdahl.net wrote:

> I made a proposed bug fix for python.el, see
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22663.
>
> Do I need to sign copyright assignment papers for this? If so, please
> let me know.
>
> -- Joel

The official line is that 15 total lines of code from an individual to in
all of his submissions is the limit before he must sign-up.

* Re: Copyright assignment needed for small patch?
@ 2019-01-04 13:05 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2019-01-04 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Rosdahl; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Joel Rosdahl <joel@rosdahl.net>
> Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 10:15:46 +0100
>
> I made a proposed bug fix for python.el, see
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22663.
>
> Do I need to sign copyright assignment papers for this?

No, you don't.  However, I'd encourage you to start your legal
paperwork rolling, so that we will be able to accept future
contributions from you without any limitations.

Thanks.