* Branches are Scary
@ 2015-12-17 21:25 Phillip Lord
From: Phillip Lord @ 2015-12-17 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I was wondering if anyone could describe the git setup wrt to branches
on the main Emacs git.

I always find deleting branches (that I have created) rather an unhappy
experience, as I worry that I will do the wrong thing, and accidentally
delete emacs-25.

At the same time, if I am understanding things correctly, I can't squash
and force feature and fix branches that I have pushed up, which means
that these have to get deleted unmerged cause I squash and merge locally.

Perhaps I am worried about this unnecessarily. Can I delete emacs-25 or
master by mistake? And, at the same time, is it possible to squash
things in other branches?

Phil